Career | Controller/Corporate Accountant
|Position Title:||Controller / Corporate Accountant|
|Immediate Supervisor(s):||EVP – Operations|
Pacific FC is a founding member of the Canadian Premier League (CPL) and begins play for the Inaugural Season of the CPL in 2019. Our Club is actively seeking to build a motivated and committed team looking to join an exciting opportunity in the sports and entertainment industry.
- Oversee and execute full cycle accounting for multiple entities including accounts payable, account receivable, and payroll
- Prepare journal entries and manage general ledger
- Create and assist in execution of cash management processes for game days
- Work with management to forecast and manage cash flows
- Liaise with the external auditor to produce year-end audited financial statements
- Prepare all CRA filings including GST, PST, and non-resident tax while attending to any audits
- Prepare monthly internal financial reporting
- Manage multiple bank accounts and conduct monthly bank reconciliations
- Report directly to the EVP, Operations and club ownership
- Other duties that arise that may be outside of the general job description
- This person will liaise with a diverse group of important stakeholders; independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload.
If you are interested in being part of a new movement in Canadian professional sports and helping build a franchise from the ground up, this is an incredible opportunity for you.
QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, EXPERIENCE)
Job Specific Skills and Abilities:
- A professional accounting designation with 5-10 years of commercial experience
- Experience in the sports industry, live entertainment/events an asset
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills with strong attention to detail and follow-through.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Self-starter with a proven ability to take initiative on time sensitive projects.
- Advanced PC skills with experience using Quickbooks, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks, with an ability to focus on long term and short term needs simultaneously.
- Teamwork, project management skills and creativity are essential.
Please send resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject line “CONTROLLER”
Thank you for your interest in Pacific Football Club but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.