Career | Manager, Communications & PR
|Position Title:||Manager, Communications & PR|
|Department:||Marketing & Communications|
|Immediate Supervisor(s):||Director of Marketing|
|Start Date:||January 2019|
Pacific FC is a founding member of the Canadian Premier League (CPL) and begins play for the Inaugural Season of the CPL in 2019. Our Club is actively seeking to build a motivated and committed team looking to join an exciting opportunity in the sports and entertainment industry.
As such, the role of Manager of Communications and PR will be in charge of leading the team’s outward facing communication strategies and proposing story and event ideas within the community.
The Manager, Communications & PR will:
- Be responsible for all media relations and player relations communication with a primary focus on storytelling and building relationships with outside media.
- Developing and proposing content ideas to media
- Handle all communication with media: press releases, advisories, game recaps, stats packages, etc.
- Coordinate announcements of team news: player signings, match-day information, personnel changes, press conferences, etc.
- Run all team press events including any and all gameday requirements
- Act as a liaison between soccer operations and the content and marketing teams to ensure announcements are organized and aligned with Pacific FC strategies.
- Work closely with Manager of Content on player information and announcements for web and social.
- Strive to pitch stories to media and assist Director of Marketing in working with community influencers to tell Pacific FC stories in the community.
If you are interested in being part of a new movement in Canadian professional sports and helping build a franchise from the ground up, this is an incredible opportunity for you.
QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, EXPERIENCE)
- 2+ years in a communications or PR role with proven experience leading strategies to develop a strong media presence
- A progressive attitude and ability to think outside the box – how can we be different?
- Strong demonstrated experience with working with local media
- Demonstrated ability to pitch stories in a confident and organized manner
- Confidence and strong interpersonal skills – ability to build relationships quickly and effectively
- Experience with all Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to work in a proactive manner to sell our stories to the community rather than wait for the media to come to us.
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to organize press conferences and large-scale media events
- Experience working with a CMS a plus
- Strong social media skills an asset
- Will be required to work all home games, as well as weekends and evenings as needed. Travel for away games likely.
- Will be required to work on-site at the club’s stadium in Langford
Please send resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject line “Manager, Communications & PR”. Thank you for your interest in Pacific Football Club but, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.