Manager, Partnership Sales and Service
|Position Title:||Manager, Partnership Sales and Service|
|Department:||Sales and Business Development|
|Immediate Supervisor(s):||EVP, Sales and Business Development|
|Start Date:||November 2018|
Pacific FC is a founding member of the Canadian Premier League (CPL) and begins play for the Inaugural Season of the CPL in 2019. Our Club is actively seeking to build a motivated and committed team looking to join an exciting opportunity in the sports and entertainment industry.
- The Manager, Partnership Sales and Service shall be responsible for the negotiation and execution of corporate partnerships with a primary focus on new business development. He/she will meet directly with new partner prospects on a regular basis in order to increase overall sales and investment opportunities for the PFC. His/her sole focus will be selling integrated corporate partnerships that include intellectual property rights, entitlements, promotions, media (television, radio, online, print), signage, hospitality/suites, community opportunities, special events, stadium events and other assets.
- In addition, the Manager of Partnership Sales and Services will serve as point of contact for assigned Partners and will be responsible for Partnership account activation, ensuring that all elements of assigned sponsorship accounts are fulfilled using the highest level of customer service. This person will service and deal with a diverse group of important clients and partners as well as internal contacts at all levels; independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload.
If you are interested in being part of a new movement in Canadian professional sports and helping build a franchise from the ground up, this is an incredible opportunity for you.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for developing and creatively calling on a robust prospect pipeline (via targeting and qualifying leads through cold calls and referrals) for potential corporate partnership opportunities with local and regional companies.
- Meet with prospects and partners in-person to gain an understanding of their objectives.
- Develop and implement new and innovative programming based on client’s marketing/partnership objectives to maximize their value.
- Work interdepartmentally within PFC to develop a partnership that seamlessly integrates marketing messaging, usage of PFC marks, integration within the stadium and other collaborative efforts.
- Create proposals including the customization of elements, terms and language.
- Deliver engaging presentations to prospective partners.
- Close partnerships by overcoming objections.
- Participate in individual weekly reporting to track prospects, partners and renewal accounts along with their respective investment levels.
- Achieve annual individual sales goal and assist department in achieving annual overall revenue targets.
- Manage day-to-day maintenance and fulfillment of partnership agreements by providing best-in-class partner service and outreach.
- Develop new and exciting promotional concepts for partners to help provide maximum return on investment.
- Fulfillment of account obligations including promotions, print, grassroots events, broadcasts, signage, hospitality, etc.
- Prepare partnership recap for events and other properties at the end of the year/season in a timely manner.
- Create client activation plan outlining contract specifics and client timelines.
- Execute contracts, client activation, promotional support, collections and invoicing.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, EXPERIENCE)
Job Specific Skills and Abilities:
- Two to four years partner or sponsor sales and/or service experience and a minimum of five years overall sports industry experience.
- Outstanding sales, service and relationship skills.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills with strong attention to detail and follow-through.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Self-starter with a proven ability to take initiative on time sensitive projects.
- Advanced PC skills with experience using Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Skills with presentation software a plus.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks, with an ability to focus on long term and short term needs simultaneously.
- Experience in live entertainment setting preferred.
- Teamwork, project management skills and creativity are essential.
- Will be required to work all home games, as well as weekends and evenings when necessary.
- Will be required to have access to a vehicle at all times
Please send resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject line “Manager, Partnership Sales and Service”
Thank you for your interest in Pacific Football Club but, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.