|Position Title:||Marketing Manager|
|Immediate Supervisor(s):||VP of Operations|
|Start Date:||July 2019|
Pacific FC is a founding member of the Canadian Premier League (CPL) and began play for the Inaugural Season of the CPL in April 2019. Our Club is actively seeking a motivated and committed Marketing Manager looking to be part of an exciting opportunity in the sports and entertainment industry.
As a Marketing Manager at PFC, you will have a pivotal role in owning the end-to end supporter journey for one of the world’s most progressive sports and demanding supporters. Alongside a team of talented marketers, you will own the brand within Canada, charged with delivering our key brand messages and the pivotal moments.
You will be responsible for the planning and execution of seasonal plans for the brand, utilizing the full Club ecosystem effectively across all channels. Depending on the requirement, you will adapt or originate work, managing internal and external agency resources to elevate the brand.
Working as part of the broader Club team, you will be a driver for the Brand function to further enhance a culture of innovation, collaboration and serving our supporters across the region.
- The Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and implementing the complete marketing plan for the club while developing the programs that will maximize the brand’s awareness and sales through the message and media that are meaningful to the club and its supporters.The Marketing Manager is responsible for building and maintaining relationships with our supporters, leveraging all available digital and physical connection points.
- The PFC website, engagement platform and the app are our homes and the role of the Marketing Manager will be to put these platforms at the centre of all brand marketing activations, obsessing about the digital journey and the supporter experience.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be the voice of the PFC supporter and protector of the brand.
- Partner with the league to support brand concept and creative development, marketing briefs, strategic tools and marketing plans to fuel the brand.
- Develop & execute seasonal plans, according to the brand & functional briefs. Assess concepts and strategy against supporter insights and the brand vision, to create new supporter experiences that accelerate the brand and business growth opportunities internally and externally.
- Obsess over supporter journey across all touch points, securing alignment across the team.
- Be an ambassador for our supporters and understand them inside out, in order to best serve their needs.
- Support an end-to-end process to gain insight from supporters including cultural trends.
- Drive the scale and effectiveness of local affiliate networks.
- Provide executional reporting, learning & best practices.
- Utilize the Centre Circle App insights & numbers to put the App at the center of the digital consumer journey.
- Partner with other functions to leverage all our connection points through clubs, partners and athletes to drive to a single objective.
- Manage campaign progress measurement.
- Work with finance/ops to track budgets according to corporate standards.
- Participation in departmental strategic planning to include overall business operations and objectives.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, EXPERIENCE)
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Communications or a closely related field.
- 5 years experience in consumer marketing or related experience in marketing strategy, marketing planning, marketing implementation, retail merchandising, display and events.
- Passion for and understanding of the evolving digital landscape, trends and consumer behavior.
- Demonstrate a track record of creative development, showing strong judgement and excellence in execution.
- Able to demonstrate strategic capability and understanding, with tangible experience building marketing plans from insight to execution.
- Experience working in/passionate about sport – a deep knowledge of the football/soccer landscape and culture is a plus.
- Have prior experience in digital and/or community activations at leading consumer centric companies.
- Have strong interpersonal skills and natural disposition to collaborate with other functions, departments, external stakeholders.
- Strong experience gained either for an agency or leading brand, in a Brand or Account Management role.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and stakeholders simultaneously.
- Marketing / Advertising / Digital qualification and/or experience demonstrating your understanding of digital brand marketing, eCommerce and CRM.
- Demonstrated leadership capability, including ability to motivate and mentor others.
- A natural influencer, who is at ease working with strong personalities and senior stakeholders.
- Ability to balance creativity with organization and discipline in fast moving, ambiguous environment.
- Proficient with Keynote and Microsoft Office suite. Experience with Adobe Products is a plus.
- The successful applicant will demonstrate the following key attributes:
- Have a strong voice
- Be the gatekeeper for all marketing functions
- Organization and detail
- Proactive skill set
- Quantitative reasoning
- Interdepartmental bridge building
- Will be required to work all home games.
Candidates must submit a portfolio demonstrating a track record of creative development, showing strong judgement and excellence in execution, along with a cover letter and resume that outlines why you are interested in this opportunity.
Please send resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject line “Marketing Manager.”
Pacific Football Club and the Canadian Premier League are inclusive employers dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Thank you for your interest in Pacific Football Club but, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.